Be sure to give your family as much time as possible in an emergency by using smoke detectors.
Smoke detectors or smoke alarms are one of the best and most affordable ways to provide early warning when a fire begins. According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) (https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Data-research-and-tools/Detection-and-Signaling/Smoke-Alarms-in-US-Home-Fires), the death rate reported in home fires was more than twice as high in homes that did not have any working smoke alarms as it was in homes with working smoke alarms. Be sure your home is protected.
- Install Mindr smoke detector companions.
- Install both types of smoke detectors -- Ionization sensing alarms and photoelectric sensing alarms -- to maximize the chances of escape.
- Install smoke detectors on every floor. Consider hallways, bedrooms, and other interior rooms where people may sleep.
- Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.
- Test smoke detectors monthly.
- Vacuum smoke alarms monthly.
Add to the effectiveness of your smoke detectors by pairing them with another fire safety tool, a Mindr device. This small device is easily attached to your bedroom door and will close the door when the sound of a smoke alarm is detected. If there is a fire outside of the bedroom during the night, closing the door will give you time to call for help, locate an extinguisher, and determine an alternate escape route.
Installing and maintaining smoke detectors is an important part of any home safety plan. Taking a few minutes to check on your detectors each month is an easy way to proactively fight against fire!
Our Vision: To help protect family and loved ones and reduce property damage by closing doors automatically when a smoke alarm sounds.
Our Mission: To slow fire growth, reduce damage and create survivable space for people and pets who are unable to immediately escape.